WELDING AND FABRICATION ENGINEER
Can design and optimise welding and fabrication procedures to enhance efficiency and quality? Do you know the different welding standards, e.g., AWS, ASME, ISO? Are you proficient in CAD software and other relevant engineering tools?
If your answer is yes, then WE WANT YOU!
We need a Welding and Fabrication Engineer to help our clients ensure products meet quality standards, safety guidelines and project specifications. Candidates must have extensive knowledge of metallurgy, welding techniques, and fabrication procedures.
The Welding and Fabrication Engineer is responsible for overseeing, developing, and improving welding and fabrication processes within the organization. With a strong foundation in metallurgy, welding techniques, and fabrication procedures, this role also ensures that products meet quality standards, safety guidelines and project specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Welding and Fabrication Engineer plays an integral role in material selection, joint design, process optimisation and validation of welded and fabricated components. Moreover, they will report directly to the assigned Team Leader and will have the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Process Development and Optimisation:
- Design and optimise welding and fabrication procedures to enhance efficiency and quality.
- Recommend technologies, equipment and techniques best suited for specific welding and fabrication tasks.
- Address and solve challenges associated with welding different metals—ensuring robust and durable joints.
- Quality Assurance:
- Monitor welding and fabrication processes to ensure adherence to established criteria and standards.
- Conduct inspections and tests on welded or fabricated components to verify their integrity and compliance with specifications.
- Collaborate with quality control teams to establish procedures and standards.
- Draft, maintain and review technical documentation, including welding procedure specifications (WPS), procedure qualification records (PQR) and operator qualification records.
- Document best practices, lessons learned and process improvements.
- Research and Development:
- Stay updated with the latest trends, technologies and materials in the welding and fabrication industry.
- Evaluate and implement new welding techniques and equipment to enhance productivity and quality.
- Safety and Compliance:
- Ensure all welding and fabrication activities comply with safety regulations and industry standards.
- Collaborate with safety teams to implement preventive measures and address potential hazards.
- Project Management:
- Collaborate with design and production teams to ensure welding and fabrication procedures align with project requirements.
- Oversee project timelines and resources, ensuring deliverables are met on time and within budget.
- Must have relevant education in Welding Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
- Recognised welding certifications would be advantageous.
- Must have extensive experience in welding and fabrication processes.
- Extensive experience in estimating, including preparing cost estimates, would be advantageous.
- Previous experience as a Structural Steel Engineer or similar will be highly regarded.
- Must have proficiency in CAD software and other relevant engineering tools.
- Must be proficient in welding standards, e.g., AWS, ASME, ISO.
- Has a strong knowledge of metallurgy, weldability of materials and fabrication techniques.
- Must have excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Has strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing to be assigned to Clark, Pampanga.
Position: Full Time
Location: Clark Office
Closing Date: Thursday, November 30, 2023