SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (AUSTRALIAN ACCOUNT)
Do you have experience working for an Australian accounting firm, with a deep understanding of tax laws and principles? Are you knowledgeable in different accounting software, e.g. XERO, MYOB, BGL?
If your answer is yes, then WE WANT YOU!
We are looking for a Senior Accountant with a solid background in Australian accounting concepts and principles. Candidates be able to function with minimal supervision, and particular focus on staff mentoring, independent problem solving, strengthening client relationships, and increasing team profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and send out client engagements for signature via ADOBE e-signing service.
- Prepare invoices and send to clients.
- Prepare and send initial information request and follow up queries.
- Review of documents supplied by clients and upload to XPM.
- Process transactions per bank statements (if necessary) or manual journals per trial balance, make all necessary adjustments in blue xero.
- Prepare supporting documents for every item on the balance sheet and certain P&L items, investigate problems, bring problems to my attention, fix where possible.
- Reconcile GST and other ATO accounts to control accounts.
- Prepare a spreadsheet per Trial Balance, identifying if all supporting docs are available or missing to help with review and queries.
- Prepare financial statements, including EOY adjustments and processing of entries.
- Prepare individual, company, trust, partnership, and SMSF tax returns.
- Perform other tasks as required, including but not limited to: maintaining ASIC registers, setting up companies and trusts, applying for ABN, registering for GST, PAYGW.
- Bookkeeping and BAS lodgment when urgently required
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree in Accountancy
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant or have a master’s degree.
- Must have 5 to 10 years of related experience
- Strong knowledge of tax and accounting
- Must have a demonstrated understanding of Australian accounting concepts and principles
- Must have a demonstrated understanding of Australian tax laws and principles
- Has the ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Must have strong work ethics and pleasing personality
- Excellent English language communication skills
- High attention to detail to achieve high accuracy
- Knowledgeable in Accounting software (e.g. Xero, MYOB, BGL 360 etc.)
- Must be a critical thinker, fast learner, curious and has strong attention to details.
- Provide the best possible outcome for the client.
- Willing to be assigned in Subic or Clark Office
Location: Clark and Subic Office
Closing Date: Monday, August 31, 2020