Do you know how to use AutoCAD? Can you read blueprints or construction plans? Are you able to use your analytical skills to prepare estimates?
If your answer is yes, then WE WANT YOU!
We are in need of a detail-oriented Cost Estimator, with exceptional analytical skills to prepare estimates and bids for clients. Candidates must have experience reading blueprints and or plans, and using AutoCAD.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to invitations to tender from sites specified by the client.
- Review construction drawings and plans and select specific trade requirements for tendering.
- Perform measurements using applicable software to determine key items on construction plans.
- Calculate and manage cost-related aspects of construction plans.
- Prepare estimates/tenders based on the measurements of construction plans.
- Assist and establish client requirements and undertake cost analysis, contract documents, and bills of quantities.
- Communicate with Project Estimators for queries and clarifications regarding drawings and plans.
- Proactively communicate with the clients and all other parties involved.
- Identify factors affecting costs, e.g., production time, materials, labor, etc.
- Read blueprints and technical documents to prepare estimates.
- Collaborate with engineers, architects, clients, and contractors.
- Calculate, analyze, and adjust estimates.
- Recommend strategies to reduce costs.
- Work with the sales teams for estimates and bid preparation for clients.
- Maintain records of estimated and actual costs.
- Other Ad hoc tasks as assigned.
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, or equivalent.
- A professional license is a plus.
- Experience in construction and quantity surveying or as an Estimator, with sound knowledge in reading and interpreting construction plans and drawings, will be highly regarded.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and construction, design, and engineering software such as Autodesk AutoCAD, Sketchup, Revu, PlanSwift, or any equivalent.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must have excellent English communication skills – verbal and written.
- Must have analytical skills and demonstrate superior client service skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and have prioritization, time management organizational skills.
- Can exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Must have the ability to manage projects effectively and on time.
- Can work in a fast-paced environment and has a high-stress tolerance.
- Amenable to work on Holidays.
- Willing to be assigned to Subic Bay Freeport Zone.
Location: Subic Office
Closing Date: Thursday, November 30, 2023