ACCOUNTING MANAGER (AUSTRALIAN ACCOUNT)
Can you oversee accounting and tax services for Australian clients and the overall development of team members? Do you have sufficient knowledge of Accounting software e.g. Xero, MYOB, BGL 360 etc.? Are you able to ensure that other compliance requirements applicable to the client’s scope are properly complied with in a timely manner?
If your answer is yes, then WE WANT YOU!
We are looking for an Accounting Manager to review, sign off, and dispatch annual financial statements, tax returns, Activity Statements, etc. for our Australian clients. Candidates must be a Certified Public Accountant with 5 to 10 years of Australian Tax and Accounting related experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee accounting and tax services for clients including, but not limited to:
- Review, sign off, and dispatch annual financial statements and tax returns for releasing to clients or for final review by client (on a case-to-case basis);
- Review, sign off, and dispatch Activity Statements, related work papers, and reconciliation reports;
- Ensure other compliance requirements applicable to the client’s scope (i.e. own entities and firm clients) are properly complied with in a timely manner (e.g. FBT, Annual PAYG Summary Report or periodic lodgment of super guarantee contributions);
- Review, sign off, and dispatch various management reports, periodic reports, and client customized reports as required;
- Liaise directly with team members and practice principals regarding compliance, review point issues, and resolution of the same.
- Spearhead training initiatives, developing and adapting process improvements and reinforcement of internal control procedures for a more efficient work collaboration
- Ensure that all projects and client engagements are within the budget and delivered on time as agreed/per signed engagement
- In charge of the overall development and performance management of team members and their outputs covering, but not limited to:
- Coaching and mentoring of team members that are falling below the acceptable parameters;
- Report progress and periodic assessment of the overall Division/Team performance to Client;
- Perform review and continued assessment of employee performance
- Management and motivation of a team of staff
- Management of tax team and regularly direct the work of staff to ensure achievement of the deadline set by the client
- Management of the team which performs all other services embodied in the engagement contract with an Australian tax practice or clients
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree in Accountancy
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant or have a master’s degree.
- Must have 5 to 10 years of Australian Tax and Accounting related experience
- Can work on multiple projects at once
- Has strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Must have strong work ethics and a pleasing personality
- Has excellent English language communication skills
- Must be knowledgeable in Accounting software (e.g. Xero, MYOB, BGL 360 etc.)
- Must be a critical thinker, fast learner, curious, and have strong attention to detail.
- Can provide the best possible outcome for the client.
- Work assignment will be in SM City Clark Office
Location: Clark Office
Closing Date: Friday, February 26, 2021