ASSOCIATE ACCOUNTANT (UAE ACCOUNT)
Can you reconcile loan accounts inter-company transactions, and Income Tax Account? Do you know how to prepare annual individual, company and trust tax returns? Are you able to manage inventory, fixed asset schedules and payroll accounts?
If your answer is yes, then WE WANT YOU!
We need an outstanding Accountant for our UAE account to help our clients in the Middle East manage their financial records and maintain compliance with tax legislations. Fresh graduates are welcome to apply. Candidates must have keen attention to detail and is deadline oriented.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Accountant for our UAE Account will report directly to the assigned Team Leader and will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Process daily bank reconciliation.
- Check each client on a regular basis and ensure Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable are kept to a high standard.
- Manage inventory and fixed asset schedules.
- Reconcile loan accounts inter-company transactions, and Income Tax Account.
- Manage payroll accounts of business clients.
- Process month-end journals.
- Maintain accurate accounting records in Xero or any designated accounting software.
- Collect necessary data to start initial set-up of account in Xero, upon purchase of Xero Subscription by the Client.
- Establish the Client’s Chart of Accounts and Opening balances (Conversion Balances).
- Prepare Bank Data Feed Form and liaise with Client to gather signature.
- Collate and review prior year financial statements.
- Prepare monthly or quarterly reports, and manual tax work papers.
- Prepare draft financial reports, minutes of the meeting and other compliance reporting.
- Prepare annual individual, company and trust tax returns.
- Conduct research and provide updates to the client vis-à-vis new tax legislations.
- Other related or ad hoc tasks may be assigned from time to time by the immediate superior or the client.
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Accountancy or equivalent.
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
- CPA or a master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is a plus.
- Experience in public accounting or audit firm (Big 4 firms preferred) will be highly regarded.
- Extensive knowledge of local accounting and UAE accounting processes is a huge advantage.
- Knowledge of accounting software is an advantage, e.g., QuickBooks, and XERO.
- Must be PC proficient, preferably with experience in using large, automated accounting systems including cloud accounting systems.
- Has keen attention to detail and is deadline oriented.
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal, and customer service skills are required.
- Takes responsibility, is results-driven and resourceful, and has a strong sense of accountability.
- Has solid verbal and written communication skills with all levels of management and can communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Must have experience working directly with senior leadership.
- Resilient, mature, and can deal with ambiguity.
- Can function well in a team-oriented environment and multi-task under pressure.
- Willing to be trained and can work with minimal supervision.
- Willing to work on full UAE Shift (12:00PM – 9:00PM)
Position: Full Time
Location: Bataan, Clark, Iba, Subic and Tarlac office
Closing Date: Thursday, November 30, 2023